Thursday, June 19, 2008

Get Moving!

Move physically...biking, running, lifting, stretching, flossing (yes, it counts). This week I've biked about 40 miles total. 35 of them to and from work, roughly, for one trip. It takes a while, but it is a gorgeous ride. I've broken in my new running shoes, with a half mile walk/half mile run and a full mile run, respectively, this week. My lifting is getting better. Flossing needs to improve. Or begin.

Move mentally....write poetry, journal, tape record, meditate, read, ponder, investigate, listen to music. I've been listening to some post-rock late at night (and am right now) and reading my journal entries over the last 3 years or so. Quite a few changes, that's for sure. Just trying to maintain the balance, like always. Haven't written poetry in a while (besides a poem here and there for lovely Katie). I don't think my creativity is gone. It's just been...displaced...elsewhere. Yeah....

Job rejections have been plentiful, but my motivation remains. Making some decent connections in public and community health. Have a few opportunities pending. Need to work on applying for the certificate program. Just hoping this helps me break into the field.

Move emotionally....hang with friends, laugh, enjoy, savor, express. Haven't done enough of that.

Not a very exciting post, but an insight nonetheless.

No comments: