Saturday, January 14, 2006

MY LIFE IN 2005

Don't worry; this is not gonna be some My-So-Called-Life type of entry. It's just that I haven't gone to a show in quite a while...well, a month....but that's a long time for me!!!

January: Obtained my driver's license after a few failed road tests!

February: Started working at a group home with people having schizophrenia and depression; went to a Job Fair at the Minneapolis Convention Center and saw my friend's band on Valentine's Day.

March: Interview for full-time job with Hennepin County; buy cell phone for the first time.

April: Accepted full-time job on my birthday; Awesome b-day party at my place; Pack up and journal the last night at my old place; Last weekend of April: move in with Katie; quit old jobs.

May: A day after moving in with Katie, began new job with Hennepin County; spend Memorial Day weekend with Katie at Bluefin Bay Resort in Tofte, MN (absolutely gorgeous).

June: Saw The Hold Steady and The Hopefuls at Grand Ole Day; joined YMCA.

July: 4th of July weekend in Winnepeg with friends; Bastille Day bash at Lee's; attended friend's wedding.

August: Katie accepts awesome full-time job, big celebration; my Great-Grandma's 91st B-Day Bash!; watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie; saw The 40-Year-Old Virgin; went to Como Zoo for the first time since moving in May; saw Engine Down at Triple Rock.

September: celebrate 2 year anniversary with Katie by going to Science Museum, The Walker, Loring Park, and various local restaurants; Katie begins awesome full-time job; is the month of amazing concerts; celebrate Tricia's 25th B-Day; visit with bio-dad's side of family; saw Arcade Fire, Architecture in Helsinki at First Ave and 7th Street Entry.

October: saw Death Cab for Cutie; purchase my first car; super kick-ass Halloween parties!

November: go to Kansas City with friends to eat at Waffle House; saw Tristeza; found out I don't need braces and surgery to correct my underbite; Thanksgiving with my family.

December: begin applying for grad school in Public Health; Christmas weekend with Katie's family; celebrate twins' 23rd B-Day; friend's Christmas party; wicked-sweet early 90's party; celebrate my grandma's 78th B-Day; unbelievably righteous New Year's Eve party at Lee's.

2005 was a great year overall. Lots of big changes in my life, but my constants are still there; the balance, still intact. Thank you, everyone.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm sure glad that watching TMNT ranks right up there with getting your drivers license and moving in with me. Who knows, maybe this year you'll watch Double Dragon: The Movie. One can only hope...and buy obscure 90's movies.

Katie said...

P.S. I love you.

*Ashley* said...

Congatulations!!!!! I heard you finally did! That is quite the ring too! You rich people, always flaunting your money! Seriously, congrats! Wow, all of these sentances have exclamation points!