Wednesday, January 04, 2006

THE BEST MUSIC OF 2005

It's very difficult to come up with a top 10, so I'll just list 10 phenomenal albums of 2005 of which I cannot get enough and to which I cannot stop listening!

The Wolf Parade- Apologies to the Queen Mary
The Decemberists - Picaresque
Architecture In Helsinki - In Case We Die
Low - The Great Destroyer
Kaddisfly - Buy A Unicorn; We'll Buy Your Intentions
Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise
Sigur Ros - Takk
Swords - Metropolis
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Elbow - Leaders of the Free World

There are so many other amazing albums released in 2005, but I thought I'd be strong and stick to 10 and not include any honorable mentions. Let's hope 2006 will be another great year for independent local and national music.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see it's "to which I cannot stop listening" instead of "which I cannot stop listening to."

Katie said...

Thank you for introducing me to so many awesome bands. It says a lot that I can actually recognize those names now...even if I don't know how half of them sound. Keep trying, and perhaps someday I will be as cool...someday.

Anonymous said...

Aw, first of all, that's great that Katie now listens to "great" music. I still proudly listen to pop music on my radio. Guilty pleasures my ass. Ok, as for your list, because of mostly you and Katie, (and this cool feature with Itunes that lets you look at other people's playlists, which is so cool) I know some of these bands, so I must say good call on the Decemberists and Architecture, as well as Sufjan Stevens, Clap your hands. As for the best, I can't really say, some of the names I recognize though, so that has to count for something. But good list regardless. And good going on making Katie cooler than she already is.