Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Get A Leg Up!

Or how about a foot? What this means is....well, actually now that I think about what I just typed, it doesn't make any sense at all! Hmmm...I was trying to be clever and be a bit punny because what I really meant to say is Get a Foot Down! as in, get my left foot down on the ground. Distribute all my weight on it, which I cannot do right now because I went to the doctor yesterday to take care of something on my foot and now its blistery and painful to walk on. So this means I've inherited quite a gimp, with my right leg taking on all the weight of the left leg as I walk. So no fun bike riding with a blister right on the ball of the foot, causing me to pedal with the heel of my left foot.

Luckily I don't have to do a ton of walking at my job. Of course, my not being able to walk properly was the subject of many jokes between a co-worker and myself. Suffice to say, he mentioned 'warm it up chris,' to which I responded, 'I'm about to...as soon as I can jump.' Yeah, real great office humor there. At work I've been writing a lot of poetry. It's all emotional since it has to do with life and how I interpret it. One contained the remnants of a conversation I had with a good friend I walked around (back when I could walk decently!) with in St. Paul last Thursday night.

Another is about global warming and how out-of-the-loop-of-the-general-scientific-concensus-concerning-the-well-documented-humankind-effect-on-greenhouse-gas-emissions some politicians can be, complaining about how they don't want trillions of dollars being spent on uncertain policy. Hmmm...Iraq anyone!! Not trillions....yet. To balance all things out, I also wrote about how my lover, friends, music and poetry are the main characters to keep my focus of balance on center stage. So...it's not all bitterness, cynicism and weighty feelings about the world for this human...just sometimes. You must have tears and smiles, is all I have to say.

4 comments:

Katie said...

That really sucks about your foot. The rest of you guys should see it. The nasty bluish/blackish big ole blister brings a whole new meaning to the term "blister." Sorry Chris, but I'm not going to kiss it to make it better. I think that would only cause you to scream in pain. And that's just not good.

Katie said...

Sorry it's just me again. But I wanted you to feel good about having another comment on your blog. Don't worry, you'll build a fan-base in time...even if that just means having your friends get off their cyber-asses and comment now and then. Just trying to help :) Have a great weekend and may the waves always carry you onward!

Katie said...

Sorry it's just me again. But I wanted you to feel good about having another comment on your blog. Don't worry, you'll build a fan-base in time...even if that just means having your friends get off their cyber-asses and comment now and then. Just trying to help :) Have a great weekend and may the waves always carry you onward!

Katie said...

I have no idea why it posted my comment twice, but perhaps you can delete it by going into Blogger and seeing if you can edit your comments. It couldn't hurt...much.

P.S. Very glad to hear you're feeling better.